it's raining. and i miss him.

Friday, April 9, 2010 | |

I was perusing an art blog (postsecret.blogspot.com), that features postcards professing secrets that are shared anonymously, when I came across this.



And of all of the practice I have had in trying to express myself, to tap into inner emotions, to touch feeling and be touched in return ... I have never felt like I did when I read that.

Maybe because my eyes kept scanning back over each letter, attempting to convince myself it was my own handwriting. Trying to comprehend that no, it wasn't my handwriting, meaning someone.else.feels.me

And as that idea soaked into me layer by layer, I couldn't decipher the memories of hurt from the present feeling of comfort from knowing that someone.else.feels.me

Dear Anonymous Sister of Homeless Soul, I feel you. I want you to know that while I can't promise to ease your pain or your brother's ... I can promise to hold every soul I connect with in the most sincere and gentle light so that you (and I) can find peace in knowing that our brothers are safe from harm. So that we can find peace in knowing that our brothers are brothers and you, my sister.

So that you can know today it's raining, and I miss him too.

0 comments: