Dear Jethro ...

Thursday, April 15, 2010 | |


"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
— Dr. Seuss (Happy Birthday to You!)


I have known your momma for quite some time. She opened a world to me filled with inspiration, passion, healing, and a whole lot of love. I've been feeling lately like your arrival into this little part of a great, big universe fills my heart in areas nothing else could touch before. The last time I was in a hospital it was for the arrival of your big sister, Aurelia. She came into this world when I was in a different place (and your big brother, Miles, two years before when I was in an even different place that now seems like another life time ago).

I can look back on what each of those times in my life brought me, and while each different, all were filled with as much love as I could muster. The three of you have wrapped your tiny hands around my heart and made me feel like I could recover bits of myself that I lost over 20 years ago.

You are so loved, by so many people. And I want you to know that you have such an amazing little circle of peace and safety created for you by your parents and the people closest to them.

I may not be able to hold you in my arms until you are 6 months old, but I've held you in my heart since before you even touched this world.


1 comments:

bcoco said...

This made me cry. And it made its way into Jethro's baby book.