escuchela, la cuidad respirando

Sunday, February 7, 2010 | |



I am enjoying:


my recent endeavors to balance physical energies inside me through movement exercises. Specifically, I have been focusing on my root chakra (which deals with stability and foundation). I am referencing the Sevenfold Journey. A book I used an amazon gift card to purchase in hopes of encouraging myself to carve out time within my day to meditate and exercise my mind and body.

a new magazine subscription I picked up ($2.99 for 12 issues!) called Body & Soul. I am only halfway through the first issue, but I am enjoying some refreshing, new ideas that I am incorporating into my daily routine (including jasmine incense to ward off negative thoughts and alleviate anxiety).

our new food spot that we have been frequenting, Kauffman's Fruit Farm. We have been able to increase about 80% of our food diet/intake to local goods. Some of my new favorites are local spaghetti sauce, cous cous, pumpkin butter, eggs & cheese, and a choice of over ten apple varieties from the orchard behind the market. But the supreme mack daddy? Local yogurt. Sweet mother glory I've been eating it by the tub-ful (ask RMH, he even tried to make me put some back last trip).

my newly expanding back side (some of yall may have noticed the rump is even larger than usual). How is this possible you ask? I think its all this amazing dairy I have been partaking in!

winter weekends perusing places like: Mommalicious. My favorite little vintage thrift shop in the city, where I recently picked up a bomb ass new pair of 50's inspired button earrings.



I am looking forward to:

checking out estate sales as the weather gets warmer in hopes of picking up pieces of furniture, cool lamps, and old school accessories for the house for mere dollars (and sometimes pennies!)

purchasing (read: snaking from Ab & B) seeds for a spring revival of plants and flowers. Rob has master plans to create a mini greenhouse on the roof deck complete with makeshift pergola for climbing vines and other such exciting endeavors.

our week long vacation in Florida with the g'rents, my parents, and A.Rose (the sista frien)! Grandma has already stocked up on plenty of food for the lover and I. Grandpa is stockpiling the (read: sharing his own private stash of) wine and beer for sunset chats on the bay. Grandma is borrowing Great Aunt Joan's sewing machine, which will allow her to assist me in the making of an upcycled hobo tote made of vintage fabric.


Hope all is well with all yall I haven't seen in a minute. Sending love as always.

0 comments: