forgotten harvest, new life emerges

Friday, August 27, 2010 | |


“Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world.”


The cycle of life continues. And we all knew the feast of veggies couldn't last forever. We grew them, cared for them, and then we ate them. And lately ... we've been neglecting life on the roof deck.











The past week or two has been full of life elsewhere, however. I have circled around myself, again, for my 26th year in time. And family, friends (that are family), and lovers (that are friends and family) showered me with so much sincere compassion.

B showed up in the morning hours of a sunny Friday with some of my favorite little people the DAY BEFORE HER OWN BIRTHDAY to give me my celebration gift. Han hosted me for a day of thrifting and soul love in the city that has my heart. Tibbs & Jade surprised me with a mid-week dinner, freely flowing conversation and laughs, and one of the most endearing birthday cards I've ever received. My parents and sista frien took us out for an evening of drinks (virgin Pina Coladas!), filling foods, sweet treats, and reminders of my blessings for such an understanding and uplifting family. K and Jas hosted us at their home for an easy Sunday in the back yard with grilled veggie burgers and frolicking in the grass (no, really). K handcrafted a gorgeous necklace that just SCREAMED "nik.cole". She even included a bead from some of her grandmother's vintage jewelry.

Hello sweet mother glory, what a celebration of ME! I say it often, but I am so blessed to have you all. Telling and reminding all yall never gets old.

And my love ... oh my love. He has held my soul in the palm of his hand and whispered strings of musical and creative encouragement. And it all feels so overwhelming ...

like I knew my 26th cycle marked a new (and never touched before) swirling of experience sprinkled with an ambition, a new illumination for what I want to fill my year with. And so for fear of over-sharing and tainting this pureness I've been holding in my core, protected and prized, for the past few days I'll just give you a piece of my day. That way, you can use your own eyes and not my words to guide your understanding ...


















































0 comments: