water ways and wind falls

Thursday, July 8, 2010 | |





"Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war."


I've been working on opening my second chakra, the sacral chakra.


The sacral chakra's spiritual lessons include honoring relationships and learning to "let go". It is also the chakra of emotions. When it is unblocked, this chakra allows for the free flow of emotional, sensual, and creative energy throughout your body.

The element for the second chakra is water, and is associated with the liquids of the body. Water flows, moves and changes. A balanced second chakra allows us to do that also.


In an effort to balance my sacral chakra, I have been spending a lot of time around and in water.





This has taken a LOT of patience and practice (I'm talkin years worth, my people). And when I went in the ocean a few weekends ago, it was the first time I felt a part of rather than separate from a large, unknown entity. I was telling RMH going into the waves was like playing double dutch (picture me moving my hands in the circle rotation of the ropes as they criss cross, feeling the movement, the rhythm, the flow). And so, I became slower, more aware, more understanding ... and then I jumped in.

If you could have only seen me smile.

I was swimming under and over and through the waves. I was feeling like my body was weightless, but present. I was so happy.

I'm learning. I let go. I stripped myself of fears. I didn't question my body. And I trusted the feeling of being a part of something bigger than myself, something unknown.

And so, I let go of you too. Not "you" as the person or "you" as a connection. I let go of "you" as an expectation. "You" as an idea I created in my own mind to be something other than what you really are. I let go of the thought of "you".

And while that may hurt you, you as a person with feelings, at first. I hope you'll see that my expectations of you, weren't good for either of us anyway.

Feel free to change, transform, glide into something new. Water is beautiful like that.

0 comments: