pay respect, not cash money

Thursday, January 14, 2010 | |




This, my shining peoples, is my first post. So it makes sense to bust onto the scene with a little know-how. In that, yall wanna "know how" this little project came about? Gooood. Why would you venture to my little place in this big, wide world otherwise? Don't know? Get.out.now

The Miseducation of Nik-Cole is a free space, as yet to be defined by anything other than what evolves in my head and life as time flows around (and through!) me. The idea came to be after realizing I needed an avenue to share, express, di/ingest all of my words and photos. The name came to be as a result of my favorite album and (subsequently) song ... "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill". It was this song that has and continues to inspire my growth, uninhibited. Check the lyrics, know the flow.

And now, for a short intro ...

Who am I?



I am free. Catch me with my head out the car window, sun shining on my face, on the regular.



I am fierce. Check me with my game face on, focused.




I am loved (immensely, deeply, truly). Find me surrounded by a handful of family and friends that keep me lifted.

When I view myself I see this huge hole in my core (right around my stomach). Fit snugly in this hole is a large filter (decorated with dream catchers, irridescent soap smudges, photos of old ancestors, etc.). I have found that I view my filter to be at my core (say ... instead of at my mouth, or in my mind), because my greatest sense is my sixth sense (but don't worry 'smell', you come in a close second). I filter life. I still take the good with the bad, but refuse to touch toxic.

Toxicity, this is your warning.

0 comments: